We are the Nu Chapter of Pi Kappa Phi at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
To create an uncommon and lifelong brotherhood that develops leaders and encourages service to others for the betterment of our communities.
A future where every Pi Kappa Phi embraces his role as a leader, puts service before self and improves the world around him.
The Nu chapter of Pi Kappa Phi was founded on October 29, 1915. Nu Chapter has reigned from 1915-1972, then 1985-1996, and now 2009-present. Pi Kappa Phi Nu Chapter has initiated over 700 members in the last 100 years. With a founding class of 44 members, the chapter has grown to a 75 member house. The 2015 Executive Council currently seats nine members of the Theta associate class who are all sophomores.
Pi Kappa Phi’s Chapter Advisor comes from York, Nebraska with an alma mater at University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Business Administration. Barry Lee Swanson is a Nu Alumni, initiation number 556 from ‘95.
Back in the day, there was a linoleum crest on the floor at the second Pi Kapp house. Any member who dare set foot on the crest had to clean it with a toothbrush. Also shown here is the exterior of the second house from the 1960’s.
We have been awarded the Master Chapter award by Pi Kappa Phi’s Nationals four years in a row. It takes into account grades, philanthropy, chapter growth, and overall house behavior. We pride ourselves on our grades, remaining in the top 10 fraternities on campus since our rechartering.